PDA

View Full Version : WIRELESS PCMCIA CARD HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g4hsean
11-25-2006, 05:21 AM
Hi i have 2 pcmcia cards for my laptop and cant seem to get any to work on knoppix or even on whoppix. im new to linux and dont know what the heck im doing but so far knoppix is showing me i should switch from microsoft to linux. The only thing i want is to connect to my network at home. my pcmcia cards are 1- D-Link DWL-650 (Newest card not old one) and 2- 2wire 802.11b . Know i know i need drivers for them but dont know how to install then or anything like that. if some one could at least give me the site where to get the drivers for at least the 2wire card ill be happy. i know the 2wire pcmcia card has an ornico chipset so im hoping i could try and test my home networks security. well for now im without any sort of home network. i forgot to mention that when i type in lsmod it shows me that it has the prism54/prism chipset witch i know is wrong.all i need is for it to work :P

P.S Any help is appreciated.

g4hsean
11-25-2006, 07:00 AM
ok so far i read every post on this matter and did all the commands showed in the posts. i started by wlcardconfig i configured it by putting in my essid and putting in the channel and entered in my encryption password. when it was all done i tryed duing a pump -i eth0 (etho is my said to be wireless card aka my 2wire PCMCIA card) when i did the pump -i eth0 command it just said "operation failed". darn things not working at all. i know it see's the card because i go to kwifi and it shows a laptop. the signal strenght is at 0. i notice that the light's on my 2wire card arent flashing i find that a little weird. i also wanted to know if the 2wire PCMCIA card will be supported under kismet and airsnort because id really like to try seeing how good my D-Link router's security will do up against kismet. anyways for now ill try getting windows drivers for the wireless cards and try ndiswrapping them but dont think itll work. but hey gotta keep my hopes up.

P.S If you could help me ill Bow to you!!!!!!

g4hsean
11-27-2006, 05:41 AM
Is there anyone that knows how to hook me up with cards that work under knoppix without actually configuring my card? id like a card that works with kismet and or airsnort. thnx