PDA

View Full Version : 2003-01-01 Knoppix release

aay
01-02-2003, 10:37 PM
The newest relase of Knoppix, 2003-01-01, is now available (on some mirrors). Also at the behest of many on the mailing list, Klaus is now posting the changelog in English.
Changelog :
* V3.1-2003-01-01 (Update)
- Due to many requests on the debian-knoppix mailinglist, the changelog
is now continued in english. Should not make much difference for the
package and program names.
- Replaced cdbakeoven by k3b CD writing program
- Added keyboard= and xkeyboad= boot option
- Added contributed compressloop to cloop-utils package
- Compression level for the compressed iso9660 image is now 9 by default
- Updated hardware detection with trident X-module and more wireless card
- KDE menu restructuring
- knx-hdinstall 0.37

Tigren
01-03-2003, 01:58 AM
thanks a lot. i was trying to post this on the news section, but low and behold, we cant post there. there isnt much different, but its nice to have the latest.

Jim Worrest
01-28-2003, 09:11 PM
Knoppix with the latest KDE and Kmail are the only way I can send messages through my
ISP. I sure like that.
:D

I haven't gotten rid of a Kspread sheet <2> that I brought up. No problem if I reboot, but
that isn't what I want to do. :?

I sure would like to have pico on board, but to each his own when it comes to editors, it
just happens to be my favorite when working on command line stuff! :(

Keep up the excellent work, what a fine way to introduce people to Linux! ---Jim

01-29-2003, 11:27 AM
I haven't gotten rid of a Kspread sheet <2> that I brought up. can't you "kill" it ??

Goner

JetCowBoB
02-06-2003, 07:19 PM
Has anyone tried installing over a previous knoppix install with the knx-hdinstall script?
I have spent a lot of time customizing various aspects of my system layout, and i dont want to lose those changes.... But because of issues with KDE, i cannot install it at the moment. I dont actually run KDE, so thats not a problem... but packages such as libarts-gt cannot be found... ive tried editing the sources.list etc. etc and updated it afterwords..
Basically, i want to take the easy route and re-install... but keep my setup, and gain k3b.... a lot of work for one program I know, but x-cdroast doesnt work to my likeing. To burn CD's right now i have to use Nero in windows.
any suggestions or quick "you're an idiot, why arent you doing this..." remarks would be appreciated. =)
-Matt

A. Jorge Garcia
02-17-2003, 03:54 PM
Yup, I'm also stuck using M$ WINDOZE Easy CD Creator to burn CDs!

rupert
02-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Hi,
can you tell me link where i can get the newest knx-hsinstall?
im unable to find it, and donīt know the right version, which is needed to install the kde3.1 version on my HD.

thx

aay
02-24-2003, 05:07 AM
It should be on your CD (unless you are using eadz' KnoppixKDE). You can download the latest script here http://zeus.itm.tu-clausthal.de/~perle/knx/