PDA

View Full Version : First time user

bensaida
12-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Greetings to all,

Just downloaded knoppix _V5.0.1DVD-2006-06-01-en.iso.
I was able to burn the image and started my desktop just fine.
Then at the Fedora screen, it is asking for a username and password which I don't know anything about.

I checked help docs on the web and nothing. Could anyone help with this.

Thanks.

Harry Kuhman
12-11-2006, 10:35 PM
What Fedora screen?

bensaida
12-11-2006, 10:44 PM
The very first one after all linux stuff loads (bunch of tests w/ OKs).

It says "please enter your username" and underneath there are options: Language, Session, Restart, Shut down.

After I entered a bogus it would ask for a password then say " authentication failed"

And in the bottom it say: " linklinux" and today's date.

Thanks for taking the time

Harry Kuhman
12-11-2006, 11:02 PM
The very first one after all linux stuff loads (bunch of tests w/ OKs).
I've never seen Knoppix do any such thing, or seen any reports from oters of this happening. You already said that the desktop is loading fine, but what you are writing about doesn't seem like that at all. Fedora is a different distro of Linux and has almost nothing to do with Knoppix. Are you running some application after Knoppix starts to see this? Are you sure that you are running Knoppix at all, could you have Fedora installed on the hard disk and be running that? Could you have burnt the wrong iso, a Fedora iso and not the Knoppix DVD iso that you mentioned above? Does the screen say Knoppix at boot time? Did you download Knoppix from the official BitTorrent tracker, or did you get it from a questionable source? What is the exact size of the iso file that you burnt?