PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 4.0.2 (CD/DVD): SERVICEMENUS BUG!!!

chris_startx
12-24-2006, 12:25 AM
If you run Knoppix 4.0.2 CD or DVD, and you open a konqueror window with some files and/or directories in it, and do a right-click on a file or dir, the "Action" submenu that opens when you put the cursor over "Action" shows twice: the same list repeated.

The same thing happens if you right-click on a desktop icon

Anyone has any idea why this happens??? I'm talking about the files in /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus

The interesting thing is that this BUG is no longer happening if you install Knoppix on harddrive...

Fabian maybe could think about some possible causes??

I squashed my brains out but I could not figure why this happens. I tried deleting the directory abovementioned (I can do this because it's UNIONFS) and then the servicemenus show only once, that is normally. I then copied the servicemenus dir from /KNOPPIX to /home/knoppix/.kde/share/apps/konqueror and the servicemenus showed again twice.

I looked for any possible second copy of the directory somewhere in /usr/local, there isn't any... neither links or anything like that.
Again, it's no longer manifesting if you install knoppix on HDD...

Any ideas, please??? What do I have to whack to get rid of the ghost of the servicemenu??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

marhleet
12-24-2006, 12:44 AM
use the 5.0.1 cd

chris_startx
12-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Oh, yeah??? Thanks for the solution, but do you think I would bother posting here if I wanted to use 5.0.1???

If you don't have any idea about a solution, don't waste space here uselessly, please.

Geez!!! :x