PDA

View Full Version : Automount Issues.....again....sorry! Awww Please !

newt
12-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Okay, I am new this whole penguin thing so bear with me. I have installed Knoppix 5.0 on the HD. On boot I was having issues with automounting. From some of the posts on this site I determined that I needed to change the UID and GID settings in /etc/fstab. Using VI I changed the GID and UID from knoppic to my logon id. On reboot it automatically finds and mounts those devices but when I insert a new/different USB thumbdrive, it does not find that. How can I change the system to atomatically find and allow me to mount new devices added to the system? In my office we often transfer data with thumb drives and it will be a hassle so have to keep changing and rebooting. Opppps I almost forgot to mention. The devices are found and a icon is placed on the desktop. I CANNOT mount it using the gui but can with a command line......any help would be appreciated...

sakiZ
12-27-2006, 08:32 PM
You could try a work around. Install MToolsfm. It is a 2 part install. The command line utilities and the GUI front end.

MToolsfm is unique in that it allows you to access removable media of any kind without mounting them, -- and then unmounting them.

This allows swapping media much more easily than trying to mount/unmount.

sakiZ