PDA

View Full Version : WLAN card not recognized

RHCA
12-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Well after several posts and trying of all the forms to meke my wlan card work has anyone an idea?
The sysinfo from windows says thet this is the device: Wireless LAN PCI 802.11b/g adapter WN 5301A nothing more my computer its a HP pavilion s7520 from the mini desktop-computer series or can anyone give me anther live distro with a better support for distros? Ihave tried with mandriva and ubuntu.

peterc
01-01-2007, 07:01 AM
I share your frustration. Read that Knoppix was supposed to be one of the best di stros for hardware recognition, so downloaded 5.1. For sure it seems to have lots of software, including some of the very latest.

D-Link DWL-G650+ is a normal WLAN card of some popularity and is now several years old. Not recognised, no lights at all. Similarly, a D-Link USB DWL-G122 did not work

For me with this card, Freespire worked out of the box. There is a new version due during January.

I'm not posting the Knoppix computer readout requested by the moderators because I'm having to use Freespire to get on the net.

One last comment please: to echo what so many have already said in many distro forums, there is no point in putting out a distro unless it all works. Sure a small percentage of people will enjoy battling the software but the majority (around 95%?) will simply go with Windows or Mac so that they can use their computer.

RHCA
01-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Hello and thanx 4 yourr sugestion where can i download FReespire and is it a live distro?