PDA

View Full Version : Storing Information

Teh_Lex
12-30-2006, 07:03 PM
I downloaded Knoppix 5.0.1 and burnt it on my disc, it works perfectly when I insert the disc but I've having one problem. When I run it and save some information on it (creating new files, changing settings etc.) it deletes it all and goes back to the beginning when I turn my computer off. Is there a way for it to save changes and new files on the CD or do I have to install it on my computer first?

Regards

shadowics
12-30-2006, 07:33 PM
The only way you could save changes to the CD, was if you were using a CDRW in a capable drive, and as far as I know, Knoppix doesn't support that. The changes you're making are being saved on the ramdisk it creates, which is lots whenever you turn your computer off.

It is possible to save your settings and other information to another media, like a floppy disk or usb drive, that knoppix can load from when it's booting off the CD.

Take a look at the Documentation Wiki (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Using_FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_save_my_preferences_.28langu age.2C_UI....29_at_the_end_of_my_session.2C_when_b ooting_from_CD.3F_How_do_I_restore_them.3F) for more information.