PDA

View Full Version : cloop problem with knoppix 5.1

ndb
01-02-2007, 03:03 PM
I have downloaded knoppix 5.1 cd, did the md5 checksum, but when I booted it from cd, it couldn't find
/cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko. I tried the testcd cheat, but it doesn't give any message. I wound up in a very limited command-line shell. I looked up the file through Windows 2000 and found it. I was using 5.0 with no problem.

My machine is a no-name P4 with 256M ram, 1.6GHz, 40G hard-drive. I've tried it on both CD drives, a Sony CRX230E, and LG CRD-8521B.

Has anyone else had a problem with the cloop file under 5.1 ?

Harry Kuhman
01-02-2007, 06:31 PM
It has worked fine for me. Your problem sounds like it may have been caused by a high speed burn, or a marginal reader or marginal media.

ndb
01-02-2007, 07:35 PM
I tried a slowest burn on a CD-RW. Perhaps I should try a CD-R (which I have been using in the past). I'll try this after my daughter's optometrist appointment. (I have a few things to take care of before she returns to university)

ndb
01-03-2007, 01:58 PM
I tried another burn on a CD-R. I have knoppix 5.1 now! It must have been a bad burn, although testcd didn't reveal anything wrong.

willemijns
01-05-2007, 10:04 AM
I tried another burn on a CD-R. I have knoppix 5.1 now! It must have been a bad burn, although testcd didn't reveal anything wrong.

I confirm this bug...for me the CD gives me this error in 50% of case...

Harry Kuhman
01-05-2007, 02:32 PM

What are you confirming, that 1/2 of your burns are bad? That would seem to be a confirmation that you have marginal media, a flakey drive, or that you burn too fast, not a "bug" in Knoppix. If you are confirming that half of your downloads are bad then you are using the mirrors and are seeing what I saw for years before BitTorrent feeds were available, I would suggest that you learn to use BitTorrent.

willemijns
01-05-2007, 03:24 PM
What are you confirming, that 1/2 of your burns are bad?.[/quote]

sorry, my sentence could be mispellled :-( i actually have this probleme of "cloop.ko"
in 5.1.0 in 50% of case... my CD is good with "knoppix testcd" and i have no problem with 5.0.1