PDA

View Full Version : Super User at Knoppix 5.1.1 HD-installed

Joepi54
01-05-2007, 07:59 PM
After I installed Knoppix 5.1.1 in a partition of my HD, the SU-mode seems not to be able to work.

I tried to activate the network-card, or tried to start the super-user-file-manager, and an error came w.r.t. starting the SU-mode.

Please give me a hint to solve the problem (be aware that I am not able to access the internet through my new installed Knoppix 5.1.1).

Best Regards
Joepi

mr-roboto
01-10-2007, 12:58 AM
After I installed Knoppix 5.1.1 in a partition of my HD, the SU-mode seems not to be able to work.

I tried to activate the network-card, or tried to start the super-user-file-manager, and an error came w.r.t. starting the SU-mode.

Please give me a hint to solve the problem (be aware that I am not able to access the internet through my new installed Knoppix 5.1.1).

Best Regards
Joepi

Possibly, you have to open a shell window and give the root user a password. That's how I seem to recall dealing w/ that. That is, 'sudo passwd' and enter a root password.....

nohype
01-10-2007, 05:59 PM

Best Regards
Joepi

Hi Joepi,

you may want to edit your "sudoers" file.
For user "Joepi" simply comment out the default user "knoppix" and activate user "Joepi" like this:
____
# /etc/sudoers
# knoppix ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
Joepi ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
____

Hth.

-nohype