PDA

View Full Version : Login

augustokat
01-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi
After installing Knoppix 5.1.1 in my HDD, I have set an SU password which allowed me to upgrade my programs with Kpackage.
But when I reboot my PC, a Login dialogbox appeared asking me to put my username and my password. I have tried to give the password I have set as SU but it didn't work. I tried also to use knoppix as password but in vain....I CANNOT now to login!
How to resolve this problem???
Please HELP!!!
augustokat

hal8000
01-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi
After installing Knoppix 5.1.1 in my HDD, I have set an SU password which allowed me to upgrade my programs with Kpackage.
But when I reboot my PC, a Login dialogbox appeared asking me to put my username and my password. I have tried to give the password I have set as SU but it didn't work. I tried also to use knoppix as password but in vain....I CANNOT now to login!
How to resolve this problem???
Please HELP!!!
augustokat

When you ran knoppix-installer to install knoppix onto your hard drive there were 3 options,
install as debian
install as beginner (knoppix with hw detection)
install as knoppix cd like distribution

Choose either the first or second options. In both cases the install will ask you to create a username and password and a root password.
After a reboot you should be able to login with your username and password or as root, with root you use username "root" lower case no quotes and
the root or administrator password you choose earlier. It is not a good idea running as root, as nothing is on your system it may be quicker to do another reinstall, take note that usernames and passwordss are case sensitive.
HTH

marhleet
01-15-2007, 10:27 AM
root won't login to the kde
but, !!.... the username you set is in the list box on the left
hard to get wrong
then set it to auto-login later

augustokat
01-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks to all
I've already resolved this matter by reinstalling Knoppix 5.1 with the second option and that seems to work well.
Augustokat