PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know how to disable eth1 and eth2 when booting.

LInuXRatES
01-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi all,
I am trying to use knoppix live cd on my dell latitude d505 laptop. When i am loading from dvd it allways hangs on the ethernet ports. I only have one ethernet port on my laptop but knoppix finds eth0, eth1, and eth2. Knoppix responds with "backgrounding" when booting.I would like to disable eth1 and 2 at boot but dont know how to do this, I tried "knoppix noeth1 noeth2" with no avail.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Have any suggestions please let me know.

I looked around the forums and faqs but didn't find anything, the forums are large so I may have overlooked this info, if I did please point me in the right direction.

thanks in advance.

jrm_knoppix
02-13-2007, 02:37 AM
Did anyone ever respond, or did you figure this problem out?

I'm having the same problem. In my case it "backgrounds" eth0 which is my cable port, and hangs on eth1, which I think is my built in wireless port?

don't feed the spammers, post the answer here or use private message if a valid private message is needed. e-mail address removed by moderator.

semreh
03-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Did anyone ever respond, or did you figure this problem out?

I'm having the same problem. In my case it "backgrounds" eth0 which is my cable port, and hangs on eth1, which I think is my built in wireless port?

don't feed the spammers, post the answer here or use private message if a valid private message is needed. e-mail address removed by moderator.

Same problem for me on a Dell Latitude D600 - I posted in the Hardware & Booting forum and got no solution. :( Posting there is:

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26586&sid=d0b477f0deb60f3d512eeeb9e842389e

Regards,

semreh

steve0
03-18-2008, 05:16 AM
Same problem for me,want to have a advice.Waiting...

slackbp
06-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Enter "knoppix nodhcp" at the boot prompt. That will prevent Knoppix from trying to access a network at boot time, but it also means you won't be able to use Knoppix to access the web or to use email. I gave up on 5.1.1 for my laptop because of this.

backthefup
06-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Then you can go in under the KNOPPIX menu and then Network/Internet then run Network card configuration and select with eth device to dhcp. Easy fix, thanks for the nodhcp fix. It works great with this way for me.

backtheFup

timrau
07-31-2008, 04:52 PM
I figured out the knoppix nodhcp thing on my own, but running netcardconfig causes a lock up. is anyone else experiencing this? 5.1.1 on a dell latitude d600

chip.ling
09-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I figured out the knoppix nodhcp thing on my own, but running netcardconfig causes a lock up. is anyone else experiencing this? 5.1.1 on a dell latitude d600

Timrau,

Strange, mine Dell Latitude D600 works fine on 5.1.1. Just wonder if Dell have different hardware with the same model. I got my d600 at Dell Toronto. Where is yours?

Rgds,
Chip