PDA

View Full Version : Need Knoppix On The Net

juniorknopper
01-12-2007, 08:53 PM
My Linksys adapter is only compatible with windows...

What do I do?

juniorknopper

juniorknopper
01-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Here's the model number:

WUSB54GR

juniorknopper

juniorknopper
01-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I have the driver cd.

juniorknopper

marhleet
01-12-2007, 11:07 PM
If you were trying to get this running under windows 95b and you had the windows 2000 driver
and the web site SAID that the drivers available are for win2k/xp, would you persist in trying to get it to work ?

there are umpteen requests for wifi adapters to be got going under linux
it's a non-standard device, and you WILL need drivers from the manufacturer of the device to get it working
catch-all generic "wifi" drivers are not going to work for vendor specific chips/chipsets/card layouts

Harry Kuhman
01-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Well said marhleet.

I've gotten so tired of posts of this nature that I've begun to completely ignore them, even though my main focus here has always been networking issues. Still, here (http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/293/) is an article that some might find interesting about the current wireless nic problems (and even new wired NIC problems!) .

williama58
01-23-2007, 07:56 PM
As linux/ knoppix distros become more common, it is obvious that there will be more questions about wlan net works and how to get them running under knopix. not all of us are so familiar with computer tech. My actual reason for trying to use linux is to get rid of windows as well as all other Microsoft products I own. I will never purchase another Microsoft product no matter what. Still, even I finally did get my wlan card to work under xp, and I still haven't figured out how (or if) under knoppix. thanks for any specific ideas