PDA

View Full Version : Can drivers made for xp be converted to run on knoppix?

marcusaureliusbrutus
01-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Can drivers made for xp be converted to run on knoppix? If not, are there available drivers for certain laptop hardwares? The manufacturer of my laptop only has drivers designed to run on winxp.

kirol
01-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Which device is causing you problems, you didn't tell us. Only some wifi drivers can be reused thanks to the ndiswrapper project.

marhleet
01-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Can drivers made for xp be converted to run on knoppix? If not, are there available drivers for certain laptop hardwares? The manufacturer of my laptop only has drivers designed to run on winxp.

no
sometimes
typical

linux is user driven, so, write your own, don't forget to share
my pontiac engine parts don't work in my ford either
is there a workaround ?

marcusaureliusbrutus
01-25-2007, 04:30 PM
I appreciate the replies posted in response to my query especially the second one from marhleet which strikes me as being both witty and sarcastic. I wish to apologize to kirol for not providing sufficient information in my question however I am truly grateful that you have spared the time to reply. I am a relatively new linux user and know very little about knoppix.
Regarding my original query, allow me to do further research on this and hopefully i would be able to solve this particular difficulty.