PDA

View Full Version : it wont boot

ldxmzg
01-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Uh... okay, on my desktop computer here i have burned an ISO of knoppix onto disk, and have got it to work on two other desktop computers... but when I try to boot it on this computer it starts out well as far as i can tell until it reaches a part where it says... um...

cannot unite read-only media to /ramdisk
and then it retries about 5 times and then gives up and tries to write a file to the non-existant "/ramdisk" thing and then the kernel panics and then it just freezes...

I swear I looked as far as i could tolerate through the forum and found nothing that helps with my problem (about 7 pages for about 5 sets of search terms), I even used some stuff that was not anywhere near related to my problem... just help please... sorry for the lackishness of information...

If you have info I would rather you sent it via either AIM, or YIM if available, otherwise just post it here I guess.

{edit} for the error, it is said in this message: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26291 and i have the same exact one, and did exactly as he did (only i didn't boot it on a notebook and I dont know if my desktop is the same as his..., but meh to the notebook, and um... something about the computer specs :? )... I'm sure helping me would be able to help him/her too