PDA

View Full Version : where can i get the xorgconfig-knoppix deb package?

Tr1PPed
01-28-2007, 01:43 AM
I have a custom distro that started from remastering knoppix 3.7 and I have finally upgraded the X server from Xfree to xorg.

After some tweaking and hacking around i got everything to work but the /etc/init.d/xsession script requires mkxorgconfig. I am guessing this is part of the xorgconfig-knoppix package but i cannot find it anywhere.

I have updated the knoppix package list to the new http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org but it is not there.

Any ideas???

Thanks

JohnnyH
01-28-2007, 12:40 PM
What is the release number of the xorg that you now have ? - I might have a system with a compatible xorgconfig-knoppix which I could repack and e-mail to you; just send me a private message with your email.
Repacking whilst running Knoppix 5.1.1 with libraries updated to current Etch (xorg 7.1.0-10) :-

root@dadspc:/home/dad# dpkg-repack xorgconfig-knoppix
dpkg-repack: File not found: /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
dpkg-deb: building package `xorgconfig-knoppix' in `./xorgconfig-knoppix_0.9-8_i386.deb'.
dpkg-repack: Problems were encountered in processing.
dpkg-repack: The package may be broken. # REMark this is just that /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 is not included
root@dadspc:/home/dad#

BTW interesting that you are remastering 3.7. For me, 3.7 is the most reliable Knoppix and everything *just_works*
with my aged, generic, hardware ! I went some way with hacking-in updated libraries, but have ended up updating to Sarge with Debian Backports where required & available. Some newer programes also compile in, but some require a diverging number of dependencies to be compiled on top of dependencies to be compiled & then it becomes an impasse or not worth-while! Ah well on we go ... :)

Tr1PPed
01-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Johnny H,

Thanks for the info, i am running xorg 7.1.0-11.

I say knoppix 3.7 but it no longer resembles that rev. I have since upgraded all packages stripped out a lot of uneeded packages, customised and added new software for my purposes.

I will give the repack method a go, never thought of that (actually didnt know it was possible).

Thanks

Tr1PPed
01-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Johnny H,

Worked a treat, thanks for the tip.