PDA

View Full Version : PXE booting from CIFS share, need to supply credentials!

gdijim
02-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Hey everyone, I'm working through the PXE over SMBFS/CIFS guide on Manty's page at: http://knoppix.manty.net/

We have several sites that have almost no server space, so I'm creating an app to do reimaging based off images stored on the individual NT clients. However, when I need to create this pxelinux.cfg/default file, I'm going to run into problems:

display whatever.txt
default knoppix
prompt 1
timeout 300
LABEL knoppix
KERNEL knoppix/linux
APPEND secure nfsdir=//TheIpOfYourServer/knoppix_share nodhcp lang=es ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off nomce vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix

The boot knoppix image will be stored on a local machine at the site (that the other machines will pull their knoppix boot file from) but I need a way to supply NT Domain credentials in this string so the clients will be able to access the file. I cannot open a share onsite that has no password requirements, so that's out. (Yes, I realize this says NFS, but Manty's page is specifically to boot over CIFS). I CAN create a local share that is password protected, if authenticating to the domain is out.

Anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks!
Jim