PDA

View Full Version : How to configure Mozilla

mahdi
05-23-2003, 01:58 PM
hello

I have configured the modem to connect to the internet and it does, however when starting any browser and trying to access websites, it just cant open the sites ... one of the posts said I have to configure mozilla and the browsers with usernames/passwords and make it work correctly ......anyone tell me how ??

thanks

CrashedAgain
05-26-2003, 04:30 AM
Hmmm, maybe I spoke to soon. I can't find the settings either for Navigator. I did have to configue the Mozilla usernames etc. for mail & newsgroups, this is where I had problems with the username. This is Edit-Mail & Newsgroup Account settings. but for web pages (Navigator) settings, it was just there. This was possibly because my password etc. to logon to my ISP was already programmed into the externel modem connected to the ethernet card since I had been using it on Windows (I have a dual boot system). These settings are the primary DNS settings & logon password etc. provided by your Internet provider service.
On my laptop with dial up connection, I had to install ltmodem driver to get the winmodem to work then used kppp to connect to the net.
Sorry I wasn't able to be of more help.

rickenbacherus
05-26-2003, 04:55 AM
mahdi- have you tried another browser? I don't think it's your browser though. If I liked Mozilla I would use it - I have never configured anything but mozilla does work.

CrashedAgain
05-26-2003, 05:04 AM
rickenbacherus- how do you configue a cable modem under Linux? I've never done it, mine was already configued when I first installed Linux.
I agree, probably mahdi's problem is not with the browser. Perhaps the modem is not really working.

rickenbacherus
05-26-2003, 06:41 AM
rickenbacherus- how do you configue a cable modem under Linux?

You don't really- either you configure the network card it connects to or the USB hub it connects to. The cable modem itself has nothing to do with Linux. mahdi is on dial-up, his modem dials, he can ping by i.p. but not by domain name.

OK- I just found that in wimpdoze2k you can do
ipconfig /all
and that will tell you what DNS you're using.