PDA

View Full Version : How do I get cell phone VX8300 via usb onto the internet?

Arthur Abramovitch
02-15-2007, 12:25 AM
I have read through many postings on this forum, and other sites, but am still not able to figure out how to get my cell phone to connect to the internet.

I can get onto the internet with the phone using the Verizon software for Broadband Access. But my windows XP OS is in "trouble" and it is only a question of when it will stop working. The Knoppix software seems to be working properly.

The modem in the VX8300 Verizon phone is probably similar to modems in earlier models.

I tried using Kppp but probably used wrong settings.

I would very much appreciate any help getting the phone onto the internet as I am away from home for quite a long time and my Windows XP operating system is in "trouble" and will probably crash.

Thank you.
Arthur

Arthur Abramovitch
03-15-2007, 12:15 AM
I am now on the internet. Getting there took a few weeks, and a lot of trial and error,as I am new to the Linux world. I received no replies to this posting, and few replies to other postings. So over the next few days I will write up a detailed step by step explanation that might hopefully help other new users get onto the internet.