PDA

View Full Version : SIS 7012 doesnīt work

farmer
05-24-2003, 10:31 AM
Yesterday I tried Knoppix 3.1 on my Gericom Laptop. It works fine. Only one Problem. If I started a track in XMMS , then the player works und the equalizer in the display plays but I didnīt hear the sound. Can somebody help me?

Stephen
05-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Look off the Kmenu -> Multimedia -> Kmix that will put the mixer (speaker icon) in the system tray right click and choose show mixer window and check for muted volume.

eadz
05-24-2003, 05:42 PM
I have a NEC versa laptop, which is like the gericom ( same chips and stuff - Is yours as loud as mine? ).

Now, I don't know if this is going to work for you, but it worked for me, open kmix, and just adjust the volume. My sound didn't work until I did that.

eadz
05-24-2003, 05:43 PM
And also, try Knoppix 3.2 becasue it has better hardware support, esp for soundcards.

peza18
06-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Hi,

I have an Advent 6417 laptop (built by Gericom) and it used to be quite difficult to get support for some of the hardware, but not anymore! Knoppix correctly detects and configures everything in my laptop but just for reference here's some tips 'n' tricks i learned:

SiS 7012 (soundcard) -
Use the trident module (modprobe trident)

SiS 630 (Graphics) -
Very patchy support before XFree86 4.0, 4.0 and greater have no problems with this but 3.3.6 was very annoying! It has something to do with the bridge between the card and the LCD in my laptop, symptoms are a screen that does a nice "melting" effect on starting X. Solution, add "vga=791" into /etc/lilo.conf and do a /sbin/lilo. I know this isn't quite relevant to the LiveCD but maybe to guys using the HD install? As i say, XFree86 4.0 and better have little problems here!

SmartLink56K Winmodem -
The SM56K is a winmodem :( but thankfully the guys at SM have released nice stable linux drivers, full instructions and code etc. and http://www.smlink.com. There were old beta drivers kicking about approx. 1 year ago, but i had no luck with these!

Hope this stuff helps someone!

SilvinoSilva
10-28-2004, 10:18 AM
i have run sndconfig and as peza18 said i use a trident module

and he give me an error :

There are already sound config options in /etc/modules.conf
This could give unexpected results.
Please remove the appropriate entries from /etc/modutils/*

how i do that, im new in linux,,,

thanks