PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix won't start

zhalfirin
03-03-2007, 08:55 PM
ok so my problem was that i got a ntfs.sys problem on windows xp. i tried reformatting my comp but for some reason it says that my copy of windows is an invalid copy, yet i used the same cd to install it before, so now i have a blank hd and still have that stupid ntfs.sys problem. at first i thought it was a hd problem, so i ordered a new hd. i still had that stupid ntfs.sys problem on a completely blank hd, which makes no sense at all...

i found a thread on the internet that said knoppix can fix this problem and i burned the cd version on 4x speed, but now i have a problem with knoppix not booting up. i get to that startup screen and it starts booting, and then i get this error

Kernel Panic - not syncing : VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown block (1,3)

ive been having this problem for like 2 weeks and i have looked through this forum for an answer, but people seem to find out how to fix their problem on their own and not say anything in the thread or use terms that i dont understand. im sick of using this old computer im on and im sick of taking 10 minutes to look up every term to understand a sentence posted.

can someone help me please!