PDA

View Full Version : Mount Problem with Persistent Desktop

Fimble
03-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Hello all,
I have Knoppix running on a USB pen drive, and have created the persistent desktop which runs fine in all ways but mounting my HDD and CD/DVD.
The system recognises these devices but cannot mount them.
I have searched the ‘Net and have looked around the forum here, have tried various things, mostly involving the fstab & rebuildfsatb files moving onto the mtab files.
Different answers on here have given different solutions.
I do not normally seek to ask, as I like the challenge of finding and sorting things by researching, however I have to admit I am stuck now.
Could someone please give me advice?
Thank you in advance
Nic

onemyndseye
03-09-2007, 06:35 AM
give us alittle more info so we can help you :)

post the following:

the output of ` dmesg | tail ` RIGHT after trying to mount the device.

your complete /etc/fstab

Also it may helpfull to let us know what filesystem is on the devices your are trying to mount...

Take care,
-Justin
One Mynds Eye

Fimble
03-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Ok shall do that as soon i get back later on, Thanks for the reply :-)
Nic

Fimble
03-10-2007, 12:21 AM
OK i think i have what you are after,
The message pop up says something about mount media/hda1/ not found.
The dmesg tail i had but it got lost on the usb flash drive.
A strange thing happened though. The usb drive that Knoppix and the Knoppix image for the persistent desktop are on was in a booted, it recognised the CD and DVD drives, but not any of the hard drives.
I copies the Fstab and mesg tails to another usb flash drive i put in to the system, as soon as it was recognised it also found the hard drives too. unfortunately the files said they were saved to the usb drive but did not carry over to Linspire on my other PC.
Does any of this help?
If not i will try again.
Thanks
Nic