PDA

View Full Version : 1280x800 working on laptop with Intel 945 graphics chip

mtmp
03-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Only tried this once but this is how I got 1280x800 working on my laptop.
(Acer Aspire 3680 - KInfoCenter in the PCI section reports graphics controller as:
Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03))

Boot knoppix livecd with:

knoppix lang=us noswap screen=1280x800

(of course only the "screen=1280x800" is important here)

once fully booted, and have a working internet connection
open console and enter following sequence of commands:

su
apt-get update
apt-get install 915resolution

(915resolution is the key, and runs automatically on install)

close console,
chose Logout from the applications menu,
chose "End Current Session" from the Logout menu,
Current session closes, new session starts in 1280x800 resolution.

Hope this might help someone who is having the same trouble as I did getting 1280x800 to work.

dwieberd
04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
It also works great on my HP Pavilion dv6205us! Thanks for the tip. The screen looks much better. Now I just need to get it re-mastered with the 1280x800 settings...

PattiMichell
07-13-2007, 06:00 PM
It also works great on my HP Pavilion dv6205us! Thanks for the tip. The screen looks much better. Now I just need to get it re-mastered with the 1280x800 settings...

You mean remastering the CD/DVD? Can that be *done*? I have a Pavilion dv6325us and am liking Knoppix a lot, but can't figure out where YaST went (I know it's not *in* knoppix - but how do I access the system settings?).

Harry Kuhman
07-13-2007, 06:39 PM
You mean remastering the CD/DVD? Can that be *done*?
Sure, it can be done. It's all open source, no secrets here. That's not to say it's easy or trival. I've never done it and exoect it's way beyond my current Linux skills, but many of the other Live Linux CDs are based on Knoppix. You'll find a lot of information on remastering in the customizing and remastering forum (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2).

PattiMichell
07-13-2007, 07:13 PM
You mean remastering the CD/DVD? Can that be *done*?
Sure, it can be done. It's all open source, no secrets here. That's not to say it's easy or trival. I've never done it and exoect it's way beyond my current Linux skills, but many of the other Live Linux CDs are based on Knoppix. You'll find a lot of information on remastering in the customizing and remastering forum (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2).
Heh - ya - I knew that...