Eppo
03-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Did you see this:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix52-en.html
?
download 5.2 version April (perhaps) :wink:

ckamin
03-20-2007, 05:26 AM
The 5.2.0 CeBIT 2007 Torrent is up on LinuxTracker, or at least an ISO that claims to be it. It's an External Tracker and VERY little history on the uploader.

http://www.linuxtracker.org/torrents-details.php?id=3759&viewcomm=945#comm945

April sounds great for a public release of 5.2.1, but in the meantime, I'll try a preview.

eco2geek
03-20-2007, 07:40 AM
So far it looks kosher. Screenshots, anyone? (Click on a thumbnail to see the full-sized image.)

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9144/screenshot1vy1.th.png (http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot1vy1.png)

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7650/screenshot2is9.th.png (http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot2is9.png)

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5989/screenshot3vg1.th.png (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot3vg1.png)

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/879/screenshot4hf5.th.png (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot4hf5.png)

abby
03-20-2007, 03:02 PM
i have not been able to remaster 5.0.1, 5.1.0, 5.1.1 now 5.2, you guys are something else...
please do i have to install knoppix on my hard drive to be able to remaster it, cos from the procedure on the net it looks like they remastered it without having to install onto harddrive.

Advice please......
explain to me like u would explain to a child
thanks alot

RHCA
03-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey I havent found in the knoppix torrent tracker but im downloading it, because i cant wait

ckamin
03-20-2007, 09:47 PM
abby

You would probably get more information on your question if you post in the Customizing and Remastering section of the forum. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2 You can also look at the Documentation links at the following link: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Category:Remastering_Knoppix I'm not the expert on the subject, but have been able to accomplish it a few times using the information I just provided.

abby
03-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi ckamin,
Thanks for the info, I will do just that...
cheers

patelbhavesh
03-31-2007, 07:03 PM
You can download knoppix 5.1.1 using metalink , it is a very very fast alternative to bittorrent because you can download from multiple mirrors at the same time.This is especially usefule for folks who cannot use bittorrent
Check out my post for more details in the Tips and Tricks section http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27083
I hope the mods can put a link of metalinker file on the downloads section so people can directly download the metalink file for knoppix 5.1.1

hjares
04-18-2007, 02:40 PM
We have made over half way through April now.

Just wondering if anyone knows the status of the public release of the public distribution of 5.2?

steven8234
04-25-2007, 11:09 PM
I just got it in the mail but can't get it to completely load. I'm new to Linux have only messed with it for work and that was Redhat. Anyway it locks up about 2 seconds after the screen comes up and I can't figure it out so.......

cbagger01
04-26-2007, 11:45 PM
I just got it in the mail but can't get it to completely load. I'm new to Linux have only messed with it for work and that was Redhat. Anyway it locks up about 2 seconds after the screen comes up and I can't figure it out so.......

If in the USA, type:

knoppix lang=us

at the boot prompt. The "=" character can be found by pressing the SHIFT-0 keys on your keyboard.

Then wait a LONG TIME for it to boot. For PCs that have the Intel SATA disk controllers (most newer Dells, for example), it could take up to 5 minutes of looking at the Penguin picture before the boot process starts moving along.
This long wait problem is supposed to be fixed in Linux kernel version 2.6.20 so hopefully Mr. Knopper will update the kernel when he releases Knoppix version 5.2.1

rcook
05-07-2007, 05:45 PM
It is May already, any news.

knopnet
05-10-2007, 01:40 AM
If you want to hurry 5.2.1 along, encourage Klaus at
http://knopper.net/pay/?lang=en&type=donation

marft
05-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi guys,

you can buy a KNOPPIX 5.2 DVD here: http://www.lidux.de/linux_cd_dvd/knoppix_cd_dvd/Knoppix-52-1-DVD::474.html

pnti
06-06-2007, 03:41 PM
It is legal? I don't think so ... .

marft
06-13-2007, 02:56 AM
I have an official permission to distribute KNOPPIX 5.2.

Marcel

cbagger01
06-14-2007, 11:47 PM

Read the license terms. It should be legal.

KNOPPIX contains all open source software that is freely distributable.

So therefore it should be OK to freely distribute KNOPPIX 5.2 yourself as long as you follow the terms of the licenses.

torp
06-20-2007, 11:51 PM
i wish that we wouldn't even hear about these new releases until just days before. i'm tired of waiting for 5.2, moving on to bigger and better things.........

torp

posmanet
06-24-2007, 12:43 AM
I dont want to hurry people - just a question:

I need a new installation - should i install 5.2 DVD (this takes about 12GB+ !) or does it make sense to wait some more time for 5.2.1 CD? I mean, am i waiting for days or for months? 'just wanna know... :wink:

(I know that its a Debian and that its not supposed to be hd-installed - but that has always been exact the system i want, and thus this is the easiest way for me. :D )

Greetings,
Posma Net.

greenfly
06-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I dont want to hurry people - just a question:

I need a new installation - should i install 5.2 DVD (this takes about 12GB+ !) or does it make sense to wait some more time for 5.2.1 CD? I mean, am i waiting for days or for months? 'just wanna know... :wink:

(I know that its a Debian and that its not supposed to be hd-installed - but that has always been exact the system i want, and thus this is the easiest way for me. :D )

Greetings,
Posma Net.

In recent releases there has been the ability to update your hd-installed knoppix from the files on the new CD/DVD. So I'd say there's no need to wait, go ahead and install 5.1.1 and when the update comes out, you can go through the mechanism to update it from the new files.

Chris2222
08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
It's now August 15th :shock: and no sign of Knoppix 5.2.1 :cry: Hopefully it will be out soon

knopnet
08-15-2007, 04:14 PM
I guess Klaus doesn't love us anymore.

hat_monkey
08-16-2007, 10:14 AM
have you noiticed that not one person has posted any problems or issues relating to the limited edition already DVD released knoppix 5.2, maybe it is so perfect that no improvement is necessary or possible :o

ELSE, the showmanship of the 5.2 DVD release has stiffled testing in the general knoppix community and thus held back progress by a good six months so far.

knopnet
08-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Is 5.2 available to other than purchasers of c`t magazine or that guy who sells disks from europe?

My bittorrent client has been receiving 20KBps for days and if it ever finishes I expect it not to md5sum.

knopnet
08-16-2007, 02:08 PM
That guy in europe being marft.

knopnet
08-18-2007, 04:24 PM
I need to apologize to the people who set up the Knoppix 5.2 torrent and to the people who wrote the btdownloadcurses client. My 5.2 torrent download completed and passed checksum test.

I still have one problem, even though I booted with the line knoppix lang=us , and the keyboard changed to english mode, all the applications are still in deutsch. Help please.

nnigam
08-20-2007, 06:01 PM
I downloaded the 5.2 dvd, and it appears great, but it is all in German even with the Keyboard=US option or Lang=EN option. Somethings change but not most things so I can not use it since I unfortunately do not know German. It does look good otherwise. I am eagerly awaiting 5.2.1.

knopnet
08-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Maybe this will help:

1. Get 5.2 running in German.
2. Select the K Menu button.
3. Select Kontrollzentrum.
4. Select Regionaleinstellungen.
5. Select Land/Region & Sprache.
6. Select Sprache Hinzufugen.
7. Select US-Englisch.
8. Select US English.
9. Select Anwenden.
10. Select OK.
11. Wait.
12. Select Datei.
13. Select Beenden.
14. Select K Menu button.
15. Select Abmelden.
16. Select Aktuelle Sitzung Beenden.
17. Wait.
18 Enjoy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The humor-impaired should stop reading here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of you Deutsch sprechen sheisskopfen could have helped an inbred hillbilly out a little with this one.

nnigam
08-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Thank you.

That worked like a charm. Now I can finally start using the 5.2 dvd.

Thank you

Neeraj

FSHero
09-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Err... I don't mean to be a moaner , but when is Knoppix 5.2 going to be released? As in, an official bittorrent link and FTP and HTTP mirrors.

Because... I need ntfs-3g v1.0!!! This feature in Knoppix is going to make it kick-arse when using it to recover files from a computer!

Otherwise, what is the recommendation of others? Download Knoppix 5.2 from bittorrent anyway (e.g. the one listed on Mininova: http://www.mininova.org/tor/625498)?

pjknop
09-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Where do people find the MD5 checksum for 5.2 DVD? I could download 5.2 DVD using KTorrent but I would like to validate the checksum.
Please, somebody post a link to the MD5 checksum. Google is of no help here.

ruymbeke
09-20-2007, 06:28 AM
Where do people find the MD5 checksum for 5.2 DVD?
I could download 5.2 DVD using KTorrent but I would like to validate the checksum.
Please, somebody post a link to the MD5 checksum. Google is of no help here.
The Bit Torrent file includes by definition all the md5 (checksums) of the slices.
Or in other words, you can use your Bit Torrent client to check the integrity of your file
by forcing a re-check of the file and if you get a 100% downloaded
and you are now a seed, you have passed the md5 check.
There is no need for an other md5.
Hope this helps,
Gilles

groenewe
09-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Klaus Knopper has shed some light on the delays concerning the release of post-5.2 Knoppix versions here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/2007/09/msg00012.html
Seems a new release within 2007 is still a definite possibility :P
I know it has been said before, but let us not forget we get to reap the benefits of his hard work for free.
Patience, guys and gals! 8)

tikitikitimbo
10-03-2007, 01:48 PM
This is very helpful. It's been so painfully quiet around here. I think I'm just one of many people who check in here every few days and wonder what happened. I was meaning to ask, but afraid to sound offensive on whether Klaus was sort of hinting that he wanted users to move to Ubuntu. I really love Knoppix and I use a variety of different releases.

One thing that makes me sort of depressed about the release situation beyond my personal preference is that Knoppix has been sort of a core for a wide variety of other projects. In particular, I closely monitor the traditional Chinese distributions that have been based off of Knoppix and the silence from Knoppix has led to a sort of follow-on effect there. Last year when the Knoppix updates were coming fast and furious the energy sort of passed down the line and they were pumping out localized distros like mad too. Since things have slowed down upstream, things have dried up considerably on the downstream side as well.

That would have been okay if things were in great shape before that happened, but since the wifi driver situation is still pretty bad up to 5.1 it was a bit of a bummer. That has potentially slowed down the uptake here in Taiwan where wifi autodetection is something users really expect and it sounded like this was going to be addresed in the latest kernel releases. Other notebook issues like power management would also make a huge difference.

Anyway, I don't mean to be in whiner mode. Obviously this process is not need driven and I woudn't want to be mistaken for making such a suggestion. All is praise and thanks for what we have. It's good. In fact, looking back we can see some real high points.

Of the English releases so far, I actually find 3.6 to be the most stable Knoppix release to date but obviously this is because the 2.4 kernel was fairly stable at that point. By the same token, the 2.4 kernel it has its limitations when it comes to some more recent drivers so that's not a solution that fits every situation. But for machines that don't need the 2.6 kernel or UNIONFS then 3.6 is a rock solid base. For the large part I run 5.0 with a modified sysconfig so that includes myconfig=scan. (On a side note --why isn't this the default? If the user has no config it will just be ignored and if they do then they probably would like to use it.) I use 5.1 sometimes too which is nice for the Mplayer and the FreeDOS is nice for doing a quick and dirty Loadlin hard drive install but I've had problems getting samba to work in 5.1.

But now that I've heard it from the man himself. Perhaps it is time to take a look at Ubuntu. It's just that I really prefer the LiveCD approach. The LiveCD which has been exemplified by Knoppix is such a simpler approach to software management. Ever since I got into Knoppix I found life was so much simpler. Hard drive installs seem grossly primitive to me at this point. I understand that Ubuntu does have LiveCD versions but that's not the primary focus of Ubuntu as I understand it. I don't know. I should probably stop thinking outloud and just go get into it.

Of course, when 5.2 and 6.0 etc finally do show up you know I'll be waiting. I'd probably rather wait than switch.

Okay, I've been taking out loud here long enough. But one more thing --I want to just say here that some of the Chinese mods of 5.1 that are more up-to-date have had some great stuff. The new K3B with the DVD transcoder built in is great and there was another one prior to that with another DVD transcoder called AcidRip which wasn't too bad. These, of course are just front ends for ffmpeg and mencoder but very nice additions. Here's hoping that the much anticipated wifi kernel updates are reflected in the 5.2 CD version when it does arrive.

maestrobwh1
10-10-2007, 09:54 PM
I have a "generic" atheros a/b/g card that works with EVERY distro I have ever tried... DSL, puppy, Ubuntu, all knoppix... except for Knoppix 5.2. I spent over a day to download the DVD only to find out that "ath0" or any other interface does NOT show up in netcardconfig. Actually, it didn't even pick up my ethernet card, eth0.

Weird. If I am missing something here, let me know:-) [Edit] Meaning missing something as to the value of supporting wireless - this is NEWS.

Oh, and Beryl tried to run with knoppix 3d desktop=beryl, but it can't start X and I get a white screen

... but I had beryl, and currently have compiz fusion on my Kubuntu (Gutsy 7.10) and my Radeon 7200 64 MB card. Flawless there. It also works in Knoppix 5.1.1 DVD

Harry Kuhman
10-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Weird. If I am missing something here, let me know:-)
You seem to be missing the point that this is a NEWS forum and not a NETWORK SUPPORT forum. What wifi card you have does not count as NEWS. Oh, obligatory symbol to make anything one posts OK: :-)

maestrobwh1
10-12-2007, 09:50 PM
However, the point is that Atheros Wifi support in general seems to get worse and worse and Knoppix gets newer and newer, and that is NEWS to anyone who would get excited about 5.2 who has a working card under most Linux distros and waste time downloading it before checking into whether there is compatibility. I made the assumption that mine would work.

I appreciate the fact that someone maintains and continues to upgrade this particular distribution, which I have been fond of over several years, but as technology progresses, the one thing that should be apparent is that more and more things are going wireless.

I find it surprising that a DVD distro would cut support for basic things, as there is plenty of room in a DVD distribution to maintain such things. I don't need 5 text editors.

Again, Atheros cards have always been supported in Linux, and so the fact that mine will not work with JUST Knoppix 5.2 IS NEWS.

Further, Beryl works for me in 5.1.1 but not in 5.2. That is also useful NEWS. Thanks for the capitals though, as as I approach 40, my eyesight is a bit weaker these days.

Peace Out...

Postie
10-20-2007, 09:13 PM
I am heartened to hear work is being done on cleaning up the c-loop system. I seem to have an oddball hardware implementation on my Sony 505 laptop. After the 4.0 Knoppix I have had strange issues with Cloop on boot-up, and if successfully booted, random lockups and memory issues when utilizing multimedia. Since I have three of these laptops,and al of them demonstrate these behaviors, I look forward to some relief. :(
Postie

WallyWallWhackr
01-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Err... I don't mean to be a moaner , but when is Knoppix 5.2 going to be released? As in, an official bittorrent link and FTP and HTTP mirrors.

Because... I need ntfs-3g v1.0!!! This feature in Knoppix is going to make it kick-arse when using it to recover files from a computer!

Otherwise, what is the recommendation of others? Download Knoppix 5.2 from bittorrent anyway (e.g. the one listed on Mininova: http://www.mininova.org/tor/625498)?

DL it. Boot it, and INSTALL the ntfs app you seek while in session (from wherever it is at, ie apt-get). :roll:

ruymbeke
01-17-2008, 06:39 AM
Hello,
FYI, according to a post by Klaus in the Knoppix mailing list:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/2008/01/msg00018.html
The next Knoppix DVD release is now due in March 2008 for Cebit.
Best Regards,
Gilles

dennis123123
01-18-2008, 12:49 PM
March...well, 2 months to go, YEY!!!! I'm so glad Klaus is still producing knoppix :D

Thanks for posting that :wink:

Eppo
02-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Same procedure as last year...
Knoppix 5.3 DVD will be in the next German c't-magazine 6/2008 and probably for CeBIT-visitors from KK himself ;-).
Hope this year we' ll get a download version later, too.

Knoppix 5.3 comes with kernel 2.6.24, KDE 4 and support for blind users.

carolus
02-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Knoppix 5.3 DVD will be in the next German c't-magazine 6/2008 and probably for CeBIT-visitors from KK himself ;-).

Then no official version available online on this web site until sometime after June?

Does anybody know the origin, or know some way to verify the safety and authenticity, of the Knoppix 5.2 DVD floating around as bittorrent? If authentic, why is it not posted on this web site?

JPWhite
02-22-2008, 03:51 AM

Then no official version available online on this web site until sometime after June?

Does anybody know the origin, or know some way to verify the safety and authenticity, of the Knoppix 5.2 DVD floating around as bittorrent? If authentic, why is it not posted on this web site?

With Kbuntu available and updated twice per year, one wonders if Knoppix will become a curiosity.

carolus
02-22-2008, 06:31 AM
"With Kbuntu available and updated twice per year, one wonders if Knoppix will become a curiosity."

Kubuntu, I believe, is designed primarily for installation, and not primarily for running from CD/DVD. Kubuntu does not appear to include compilers and developer tools by default, limiting the value of the live disk for scientific or technical users. I do not know whether it includes utilities appropriate for a rescue disk.

Harry Kuhman
02-22-2008, 06:47 AM
The various ubuntu live discs are a huge disappointment, particularly the DVDs, which seem to have no more on the live part than the minimal "Live CD". It's just hype to try to push ubuntu, not a real Live CD at all, unless what you want from an OS is to be able to just run an OS, not applications.

Eppo
02-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Hallo
for your Information:

There was a discussion about "free" Knoppix and the non-free Cebit-Edition 5.2 and 5.3 (in March)
Karl Schock (of German Knoppix forums) has sent a "petition" to Klaus Knopper and Dr. Oliver Dietrich (Heise Verlag)

You can see the English text at the bottom here:
http://www.knoppixforum.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=20680&s=76f5ac2297d6ab36bbb4df8df1927153f96e37ad#post206 80

The answers (basicly)
Klaus Knopper:
"Latest on 14.March.2008 at 23:59". :evil:
Heise Verlag:
"it's alone in K. Knopper's discretion if or when he releases a free edition, too" :roll:

greetings Eppo

mr-roboto
02-23-2008, 05:47 PM
The various ubuntu live discs are a huge disappointment, particularly the DVDs, which seem to have no more on the live part than the minimal "Live CD". It's just hype to try to push ubuntu, not a real Live CD at all, unless what you want from an OS is to be able to just run an OS, not applications.

Unfortunately, that's true of most Linux live CDs....

JPWhite
02-25-2008, 02:24 AM

Ubuntu can run apps and it's wireless support is great 'out of the box'. I recently assisted a laptop owner with a bad HD recover data from a Vista NTFS partition to an external USB HD (Using Knoppix of course) and then switched to Ubuntu to run Open Office, Pidgen and Firefox. Chose Ubuntu for this non Linux users because wireless just works, its a PITA with Knoppix. User really wanted wireless bad to continue college studies while HP sent a new HD under warranty.

I read on the Ubuntu forums that it can be setup to boot from a flash drive, making it more useful for storage of files etc. 21 step process however, I didn't bother for this temp lash-up.

Ubuntu isn't meant to be a live CD per se, they provide it on a 'try before you install' premise. But I found for a short time frame it's superior to Knoppix for the average abuser.

nalini
02-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Hallo
for your Information:

There was a discussion about "free" Knoppix and the non-free Cebit-Edition 5.2 and 5.3 (in March)
Karl Schock (of German Knoppix forums) has sent a "petition" to Klaus Knopper and Dr. Oliver Dietrich (Heise Verlag)

I was not even aware of the fact that knoppix has a free and non-free version. I have used knoppix in a big way so if this debate continues without a free release my project will be in jeopardy. Mr. Knopper should put a stop to this debate by releasing public version along with the Cebit edition.

Although it is for Mr. Knopper to decide when he wishes to release a new version, if all open source projects will go this way Linux and open source would have been dead by now.

tikitikitimbo
02-27-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm another one of these people who has been using Knoppix as a primary distro for years and prosletyzing it all around so this long silence has been a bit embarrassing for me as well. I'm not here to complain because, hey I'm posting on a Knoppix box this very moment. It would be my distro of choice for years to come even if there was never another release.

But I had the same issues where people were coming to me with newer notebooks and the wireless was a mess. So, I went the Ubuntu/Kubuntu route as well and I would like to add to what I've already seen others say which is that it's not an alternative to Knoppix. Yeah, you can get the wifi going hassle-free with Feisty, but that doesn't make up for all the other bullshit that comes with it. You can't even save your settings if you're using it in LiveCD mode, the technique of labeling your ext2 disk as cow-something is totally hit-and-miss and they even say so in the docs. They don't even include basic utilities like Midnight Commander. While their apt-get config does work off the live-cd, having to do an apt-get every time just to set up simple stuff like that is lame and Kubuntu doesn't even include the CLI versions of bittorrent. The list goes on. In summary, I get the impression that Ubuntu is more like a very watered-down wannabee OSX replacement than a Knoppix replacement. It tries to hide what's going on from the user and goes out of the way to put a lot of goof-proofing into the interface and that's a very different feel from what one gets with Knoppix.

Aside from the whining about Ubuntu as a Live-CD replacement for Knoppix though, I did want to add an observation that I find a bit curious. I use Traditional Chinese (AKA Taiwanese) versions of Knoppix as well as the standard German/English versions. The Chinese versions such as one particularly polished Knoppix cutomization called B2D seem to be getting regular updates and they do have more recent kernels. I thought I recalled an earlier link saying that the reason the updates had stopped was a problem with cloop in kernels past 2.6.21, but I think I just booted a Chinese customization that was packaged with 2.6.24. I'm just tossing a number off the top of my head, but I thought that was the case. Okay, I just went and checked. The latest I can find is 2.6.23. But I'm just curious was the cloop problem solved earlier or how was it that the folks in Taiwan got ahead of Klaus?

Unfortunately, although I've used this customization with the 2.6.23 kernel and found it worked well for most things, it still doesn't handle USB wifi or even Centrino based wifi out of the box and I've still had troubles with some notebook sound cards even with this latest stuff. And when I say that the wifi isn't working, I mean I have five different brands of USB wifi dongles that I test with. Some of them, such as the DLink, work in Knoppix 4.0 with the 2.6.12 kernel, so these are working devices but they haven't worked with any version of Knoppix since then. Reading through the forums you can see this is a common problem.

Anyway, what I've done in these desperate situations rather than hating Knoppix --I couldn't do that because to me Knoppix is the only way to go, I'm a Knoppix fanatic for better or worse-- is when I get into one of these worst-case situations where there were certain areas where running wires was absolutely forbidden and it was wifi or no way was to put in a second wifi router that has a few wired ports. It's a hard sell aesthetically but I can usually tuck it under a table or someplace like that and then just run a short cat5 for the last few feet. In most cases, I find that the desire for wireless isn't really about total portability, since the power cord is more or less always going to be there anyway, but more about avoiding long wire runs for aesthetic reasons. Till something more elegant comes along I might suggest this route to my fellow frustrated Knoppix freaks.

nalini
02-28-2008, 05:56 AM
I am really glad to know that there are others using knoppix in a big way.I could also get knoppix based on kernel 2.6.23.14 but nothing after that. Somehow I am able to manage most of the new hardware. Even I had a bad experience with kubuntu, the installer looked exactly like redhat and once installed I could not boot the machine. I will try to avoid going to any other distribution till is is do or die.

I could Talk to Mr. Knoppix during LinuxAsia. He seems to be overworked and his another project Adriane Knoppix is already delayed. He was in fact very helpful and even willing to provide a sample CD of knoppix 5.3 till a new public version based on 2.6.24 comes out.

Mr. Knopper had put a patch for cloop problem on debain forums quite some time back hence that issue got resolved .

All serious users of knoppix should actually help Mr knopper in maintaining knoppix, I actually don't know how to go about it. We are all working in our own realms and redoing the same things, there must be a better way ?

Eppo
02-29-2008, 03:23 PM
On heise website

http://www.heise.de/cebit/heise/
(middle of the page)
about Klaus Knopper on heise's stand

.......After the fair it (Knoppix 5.3) will also be available via download.
:D

1ijack
04-03-2008, 06:35 AM
i have been using knoppix since version 3.1 came out and upto now i'm still using knoppix. I have to say this but i'm dissapointed with version 5 and up (except 5.3 havent tested it yet). But i'm not ditching knoppix cause its still my favorite linux/live cd. i'm currently running knoppix 4.0.2 at home and 5.1.1 at the office.

i would like to thank ruymbeke for your excellent work on the grub/minirt and keep up the good work.
and of course klaus for giving us knoppix :D