PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing Knoppix v5.1.1 on a Extended partition

seskanda
03-23-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm trying to install Knoppix to my HD via the 'knoppix-installer.' When i create an Extended 29.85 GB partition, and format it in ext3 as a logical drive, the installer says: 'Error: File System has an incompatible feature enabled.' What's wrong? For the swap partition, QTParted would NOT let me make it Extended, so i was forced to keep it as a 100 MB Primary partition. I had to type 'IGNORE_CHECK=1 knoppix-installer' in order to go ahead and install Knoppix, anyway. However, it said it formatted the partition as 'reiserfs', but i want it as ext3, why did this happen? The reason i want to make the partition Extended in the first place is because i already have MacOS X installed on this drive.It is on a primary partition and set active. What can i do now?

Thanks in advance.

hal8000
03-24-2007, 08:52 PM
I think your problem is that gparted doesnt like the mac partition.

What I's do is try and create an extended partition with different software, you may have something that will work on your Mac OS, or try Acronis (if theres a MAC version).

Once you have created a partition, you can skip the gparted stage and install in the newly created partition