PDA

View Full Version : can't get better than 1024x768 rsoltion in 5.11

peterwor
03-26-2007, 01:52 AM
I just installed 5.11 and I absolutely love it with one exception. I an completely unable to get better than 1024x768 resolution.
I am using Knoppix in a VM on a macbook Pro using Parallels. In every other Linux distro I've either been able to edit the xorg.con file and add the 1280x800 line or run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg and added 1280x800 or even 1152x864 and reboot and I'm all set, this isn't working in Knoppix.
What am I doing wrong? Is there some way to get thsi resoltion that I don't know of.
Knoppix say my card is "Vesa" and the Monitor is "Unknown" but that has necer been as issue in the past.
Could some kind soul walk me through reconfiguring my scren to get this resolution?

TIA,
Peter

kej
03-28-2007, 02:47 AM
Independent from your installation, try running from the live dvd again, and at the boot line, include the code screen=1280x800 and see if that helps.

What I have found is that I need to do this operation prior to doing the install. If that works, then with with the screen properly defined, then re-do the installation.

The installation process seems to pick up the current definitions and carry them forward.

That might be helpful, and it is easily tested via a quick boot from the live dvd.

Good Luck.