PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 5.0.1 and Wireless

Cwix
04-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Im a complete newbie to linux, and a friend gav me a CD with Knopix 5.0.1 on it. I love it. I dont really play games on my lappy due to the anemic video card, (Intel 945GM). But I do use it for applications, movies, and internet. The application and movie parts of this os are great. I cant get my wireless to work thou. I have a Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 A/B/G wireless card. Ive tried iwconfig and it says no hardware found. Can you guys give me any advice on this? I would definetly think of switching the laptop to at least dual boot if I can get my wireless working properly. P.S. Im already looking into putting linuxonto my desktop. I LOVE LINUX, lol.

hal8000
04-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Im not sure which kernel 5.0.1 comes with but there are kernel modules for the Intel Wireless 3945A/B chipset. These "drivers" are compiled against various archiectectures for a 2.6.18.1 kernel.

It will first be necessary to run apt-get update then use synaptic and search for all Intel drivers.
You also need to run uname -a to find which kernel you are running, as you may have to upgrade the kernel as well.