PDA

View Full Version : After booting up Knoppix locks up

steven8234
04-24-2007, 03:05 AM
Hello all, I'm new to knoppix and have been trying to load it on my machine for a little bit here. I am getting frustrated :x Anyway I've got an AMD athlon 64, 3G ram, GEforce 6600....I'm using knoppix 5.2 boot cd that I ordered from the knoppix.org website. I've read the cheat file and have used the following line at the boot screen:

knoppix lang=us wheelmouse

now the first part of the command works and boots in english but aprx 15 secs after the screen comes up and the female voice says initiating whatever my system locks up. Time doesn't update and I have to do a hard reset on my machine.

What am I doing wrong? I've got a pretty good computer and have never ever had a problem running any application period.....please help!!

steven8234
04-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Wow everyone don't all rush to my rescue!! lol :D :D :D :D :D

knopnet
04-26-2007, 02:39 PM
On the versions that I have used, that audible message is sent after starting the X server.
This indicates that you could append a 2 to the end of your line to start in text mode, then you could diagnose your problem from there.

You could also use one of the other start modes from the boot screen to get more information about your problem.