PDA

View Full Version : Can not boot Knoppix 10+ live DVD on Toshiba A130

apprentice
04-27-2007, 04:08 PM
A little over a month ago I purchased a new Toshiba A130 laptop. It has an intel T720 Core 2 Duop processor, 2 gigs memory, 100 gig HD, DVD multi, Intel wireless and bluetooth. Unfortunately it also came with Windows Vista which I have come to hate in the one month I have delt with it. I have made a live DVD of Knoppix version 10 (kernel 2.6.19) and Mandriva One live CD. I can not get Mandriva to boot and Knoppix will boot only if I disable all HW detection. When booting Knoppix I will get down to the pcmcia and then my screen will go blank and it will sit there. If I disable all HW detection it will finish booting but I have no mouse or touch pad. I just got off the phone with Toshiba technical support and am greatly upset with them that I can not remove Vista and put XP on this computer becuase of changes to the BIOS that will not allow XP to run (I smeel a conspiracy with MS hear). If I could get Linux to run then I could run XP in Vm ware on those few occations when I might actually need Windows.

Kernel 2.6.19

USB detection passed

DMA detection passed

Mount first image passed

mount second image passed

initialized ram disk passed

apm

pcmia

It is somewhere in the last two items where the boot fails.