PDA

View Full Version : can't copy file to hardisk

rporticio
05-09-2007, 07:12 AM
dear friends,

i'm using knoppix 5 and tried to to copy the files from a slave drive hdc3 to the primary drive hda5
using cp -frv /meida/hdc3/home/raport /media/hda5
but the the resut is cp: cannot create directory `/media/hda5/raport': Read-only file system. i
prior to this i login as root by typing su .

i tried chmod 777 /media/hda5 the result is chmod: changing permissions of `/media/hda5': Read-only file system.

i already did this before successfuly through a switch -w to a command i already forgot. it's quite sometime i missed to use knoppix.

thank your for any help on this matter.

Harry Kuhman
05-09-2007, 07:37 AM
see answer #6 (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Harry_Kuhman).

rporticio
05-10-2007, 04:27 AM
dear friends,

thanks for the info. i tried to retrieve from my file the answer to my question which ineed was already answered in this forum i got it. i simply remounted the hardisk and type mount rw /media/hdc3 that is with read write permission and rest is ok.

thanks again

1meangreen
05-20-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm trying to do the same thing. I need to transfer files from my slave(HDB1)(NFTS) to my Master(HDB1)(FAT32). I've right clicked on both drives and allowed read and write, but i still get a error,"could not make folder /mnt/hda1/folder...

The reason I'm trying to transfer is I have the BSOD 00000024x error when i boot my computer up,try to repair with windows cd, run any type of NFTS related OS. I really need to get the files off of the harddrive, any help would be appreciated.