PDA

View Full Version : Remastering questions.

TDSK
05-27-2003, 07:40 PM
Working on remastering my own copy of Knoppix for my own useage and I've issued the following command: cp -Rp /KNOPPIX/* /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX so now anything that I alter in /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX is gonna be altered into my finished version when I create the ISO? So for instance if I put in a script at /etc/rc5.d/ then when I create my ISO that will be included in there.

I just want to make sure that I dont' totally mess something up (That'd be soooo me).

The other thing I wanted to do, but can't seem to find the thread on it again is, I want to alter the default boot option to the following line: knoppix lang=us knoppix 2 by default all the time (US Language and text mode).

After that, I know by altering /etc/rc5.d/ (I mean putting a script in there) I can put a line in that says /etc/init.d/ssh start but the only problem is the password. Is there a default password setup or how do I set it automatically as soon as the machine is finished booting? I want to be able to ssh into the machine from another machine after it's finished booting.

I want to get around using a floppy disk at all which is why I'm asking about some of this. (And the machine is going to be booting w/o any interaction hopefully)

TIA
TDSK

TDSK
05-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Well I found out the part about the customizing the default boot options, so I'm ok on that part now. Just need to figure this other part

After that, I know by altering /etc/rc5.d/ (I mean putting a script in there) I can put a line in that says /etc/init.d/ssh start but the only problem is the password. Is there a default password setup or how do I set it automatically as soon as the machine is finished booting? I want to be able to ssh into the machine from another machine after it's finished booting.