PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix v5.1.1 Debian: NO internet...

klerg
05-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Or Network functioning on a Debian-type installation. It worked fine when i booted from the Live CD, though. Anyone know what's the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Harry Kuhman
05-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Problem has been going on for as long as people have thought that "installing" Knoppix was a good idea. It's actually one of the oldest problems posted in this forum (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25), dading back to 2002, and one of the many reasons that many of us urge people to install a distro intended for hard disk install rather than Knoppix.

klerg
05-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Thanks for that. I just went into netcardconfig, chose my device (Eth 1) and said yes to DHCP. That was it. I'm typing from knoppix now. However, i have a problem accessing my DVD burner. Knoppix says: "Feature only available with HAL" What's that mean? Also, sound works ONLY when i login as root. I had to enable it in Control Center in my account, but i hear nothing when i test sound. Soundcardconfig gives me "ERROR: NO sound modules found. You don't seem to be running a kernel with modular sound enabled(soundcore.0 was not found in the module search path)." Any ideas what's wrong?

Chris2222
01-13-2008, 03:39 PM
I've read somewhere that to fix the " soundcore.0 was not found, you don't seem to be running a kernel with modular sound error " you must go into your BIOS and disable the on chip audio.