PDA

View Full Version : Internet problem and cd/dvd problem

jcurlz
05-25-2007, 04:55 AM
I just installed Knoppix to my computer or what not. I cant get on the internet or i cant read anything on cds or dvd or what not. How do I get the internet to work? and if you know how can you get like dvds or cds to work?

Harry Kuhman
05-25-2007, 05:07 AM
Please see answer #7 (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Harry_Kuhman), although one or more of the other sections may help also.

drb
05-25-2007, 01:36 PM
No problem with your subject line. Clear as a bell. Perhaps the answer above was for another thread as it bears no relevance to your subject line or question.

Knoppix is primarily a LiveCD and there are many threads regarding problems with internet connection after a hard drive install. I suggest the following :

1. Search the forum for threads which may have similar issues to yours to see if there are solutions
2. If your problems are distinctly different, provide some more detail on your hardware configuration, what you've tried and what effect it had
3. Try a linux distro which is more suited to a hard drive install. I can recommend sidux; great, fast distro with a helpful community (forum, #irc and you can talk to the developers). There are many others which may be more suitable than knoppix

drb

Harry Kuhman
05-25-2007, 06:10 PM
No problem with your subject line. Clear as a bell.
Ntice that it was edited after I made my post. It started as just a lame "help me" subject.