PDA

View Full Version : boot-up with myconfig=scan does not find network settings

joepayne
05-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Every time I boot (cheat codes knoppix nodma, myconfig=scan) I have to run (from the Knoppix penguin) network services, Wavelan configuration, Wireless Lan, and then, finally, Network card configuration. Is there some way I can save this information to my existing HDA1so that I do not have to perfrom this sequence each and every time?

Many thanks

SiKing
05-28-2007, 03:01 PM
This may be just too obvious, but: every time you make any changes to your configuration you have to create a new myconfig file after the change - myconfig is not persistent. Also, when you create the mycofig file, it presents you with like five options of stuff to save, make sure the "Network settings" is on.

joepayne
06-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Many thanks for the 'obvious' .... but I have tried saving my current configuration --- all choices (specified /media/hda1), but still no luck. Each time I boot I have to go thru the process again to get my wireless connection to the internet.

hat_monkey
06-05-2007, 07:27 AM
havent tested it but there is some info of this subject at the bottom of bugs 5.01

30) Knoppix 5.1.1's knoppix-autoconfig script has an error with regard to "default" myconfig.
In the case where knoppix has been remastered with knoppix.sh and configs.tbz in the
CD root (/) the test for knoppix.sh is wrong. Line 1310 should be changed from:
MYCONFIG="$(ls -1d /cdrom/KNOPPIX/[Kk][Nn][Oo][Pp][Pp][Ii][Xx].[Ss][Hh] 2>/dev/null)"
To:
MYCONFIG="$(ls -1d /KNOPPIX/[Kk][Nn][Oo][Pp][Pp][Ii][Xx].[Ss][Hh] 2>/dev/null)"
This will allow a default myconfig (e.g. if the myconfig= argument is not given) to detect the presence
of the knoppix.sh script.
-- Hanumant

31) Knoppix 5.1.1's knoppix-autoconfig script has an omission with regard to setting the timezone.
The script set /etc/local time around line 557. It should also update the file /etc/timezone:
rm -f /etc/timezone
echo "$TZ" > /etc/timezone

joepayne
06-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I'd like to try the MYCONFIG="$(ls -1d /KNOPPIX/[Kk][Nn][Oo][Pp][Pp][Ii][Xx].[Ss][Hh] 2>/dev/null)" but I am not sure I could accurately type that information in. Is there a way I can reference that from a file or something like that?