PDA

View Full Version : OUTLOOK and EXCHANGE

LAF
06-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Hi,

Just installed KNOPPIX on my USB key, persistent mode.

Youuuuuuuuuppppiiii!!!!

I was just wondering if there's an equivalent to Microsoft Exchange (Outlook). See I want to be able to use a KNOPPIX tool to download, read and sent Email through our Exchange server at the office.

I really want to step away from Microsoft products :-)

Thanks,

Marc.

SiKing
06-06-2007, 09:31 AM
The Linux-clone of MS-Outlook is called Evolution (http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/). It does not come on the Knoppix CD, only on the Knoppix DVD.

LAF
06-06-2007, 02:19 PM
The Linux-clone of MS-Outlook is called Evolution (http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/). It does not come on the Knoppix CD, only on the Knoppix DVD.

Thanks for the reply,

I also got the KNOPPIX DVD :-)

How do I install it to my USB key, from the DVD??

Thanks,

Marc.

SiKing
06-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Nothing special about the DVD, except that it is BIGGER - it has significantly more software. If you're installing either the myconfig or persistent home, then it's all the same. If you're doing a HDD install (to a USB key), then you're going to need a pretty damn big key.

LAF
06-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Nothing special about the DVD, except that it is BIGGER - it has significantly more software. If you're installing either the myconfig or persistent home, then it's all the same. If you're doing a HDD install (to a USB key), then you're going to need a pretty damn big key.

Thanks SiKing,

I did the Persistent home (from CD) to my usb key. So, how much space do you think I need on my USB key to install Persistent Home from the DVD? I made a 800MB partition for the CD version.

Marc.

SiKing
06-07-2007, 08:13 AM
I did the Persistent home (from CD) to my usb key. So, how much space do you think I need on my USB key to install Persistent Home from the DVD? I made a 800MB partition for the CD version.
Like I said: there is no difference. You will only have access to more applications on the DVD, but your home and configuration settings should stay more or less the same size.