PDA

View Full Version : Where is the dvd stuff installed in Knoppix

beforewisdom
05-28-2003, 02:01 AM
Hi;

In an effort to get xine working on my knoppix hard drive install I unistalled what I thought was everything related to xine and dowloaded fresh copies xine-lib, xine-ui, and libdvdcss.

I installed the new stuff. I noticed that the UI looks different when I run xine as root ( less fancy ) then when I run it as myself ( fancier gui ).

I installed the new xine stuff from source. I configured, maked, maked installed as root.

The difference between the guis is making me suspicious that I did not get all of the old stuff out.

I am curious to know if xine/dvd stuff would be anwhere on knoppix other then where the .debs would put xine-ui, xine-lib, and libdvdcss

Thanks in advance

Steve

rickenbacherus
05-29-2003, 12:36 AM
Xine has several different GUI's available to use. Having more than one isn't a concern as you can change between them.

To find all things 'xine' just do this:

locate xine

Dave_Bechtel
06-21-2003, 01:30 PM
--Of course if it complains that the DB is more than 8 days old, you should do an ' updatedb ' 1st. Updatedb is also a good idea after running apt-get upgrade, or anytime you've added/subtracted a bunch of files.

Xine has several different GUI's available to use. Having more than one isn't a concern as you can change between them.

To find all things 'xine' just do this:

locate xine