PDA

View Full Version : mount SD card yet?

jimjan
06-10-2007, 04:50 PM
this issue seems like it has been around a while. wondering if we have an answer?

using knoppix 5 1 1 with laptop that has sd card slot.
using knoppix as [b]live cd.

card not identified or mounted.

suggestions about how to use, mount, access?

links or steps you know about to solve this or is this a non do with knoppix or linux generally?
other distros that allow this to be managed?

thanks

Laos
06-10-2007, 08:52 PM
make sure proper drivers are installed so whatever is reading the card is on the right drivers

jimjan
06-11-2007, 04:15 AM
make sure proper drivers are installed so whatever is reading the card is on the right drivers

wonder if you could explain or direct me to links that explan where to look for drivers and how to add drivers that might be needed?

thanks

LFS-Nr-3305
06-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I observed the following with a similar System (Kubuntu) with an external Card driver, but maybe it helps. Kubuntu will mount Card automatically if I first insert Card into Cardreader and then Cardreader into USB. Kubuntu will do nothing if Cardreader is already attached and a card inserted later.

Maybe a "mount -l" (the parameter is an "Ell", not an "one") to be typed in a terminal window will show you which device name has been given to your card after inserting, if any?

jimjan
06-13-2007, 04:10 PM
will try this :lol: cant believe i have not done already since i always do with usual usb thumb that is not identified

one clarification, this is not a card reader but an internal sd card slot if that makes a diference

will try; thanks for reply