PDA

View Full Version : How About QUANTIAN?

A. Jorge Garcia
06-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi!

I haven't used QUANTIAN since, several years ago, it started to distribute as a DVD only.

However, I'm setting up a dedicated Linux Cluster for my students. So, I would like an hdinstall of QUANTIAN, but I only have CD drives in my classroom. I can burn and boot DVDs at home, but not at school.

My question is: does anyone have any experience knoppix-installer'ing directly from an ISO file?

BTW, I've used QUANTIAN as a live boot CD and knoppix-installer'ed in the past and gotten very interesting results with my students. We have 25 Dells each with a Pentium IV 2.6GHz, 1GB RAM and 40GB hdd. I've run openMOSIX with this setup in the past. This summer we're installing a dedicated gigabit ethernet network and we're going to try MPI and PVM as well as openMOSIX. Is openMOSIX ever going to mature to linux kernel 2.6?

TIA,
AJG

A. Jorge Garcia
06-19-2007, 06:29 PM
OK, I've got Dual Boot in my classroom using the KNOPPIX CD. I'd like to move to a Dual Boot using the QUANTIAN DVD.

I'm installing Dual NICs too. Right now we only have fastEthernet. We'll keep that for the Winpdoze partition. We're adding gigabitEthernet for the Linux Cluster partition.

I'm trying to get DVD drives....

Regards,
AJG