PDA

View Full Version : Knx HD instalation freezes until 97% or 98%

knxbegin
06-20-2007, 07:28 PM
I've been trying to do knx2hd until finished :D .

I pick:
Debian-Like system (or whatever starts with debian, i forgot it)
Ext3 archieving.

The problem is that i can finish neither writing record on mbr nor on partition. :cry:
It freezes in first (mbr) 98%
in second (partition) 97%

Why do this happen? :evil: :?:

Harry Kuhman
06-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Knoppix is primarily a Live CD and really isn't suitable for install to hard disk, particularly by a beginner. English is apparently not your first language, so you may have missed the many wanings about this posted in this forum. Wouldn't you rather install something intended for installing on hard disk that will not have the many problems that Knoppix has, such as Debian?

knxbegin
06-22-2007, 03:02 AM
I tried on virtual pc and also in qemu.
hd=4G

Harry Kuhman
06-22-2007, 04:23 AM
Don't let it put you off Linux. If you want a Debian like install, consider installing Debian! It will let you install exactly what you want and will be a lot more stable. If you want to use a virtual machine there are several Debian Installs available for VMware, and user ruymbeke on this forum has done some very nice virtual machines for Knoppix (as an ISO however, not as an Install).

knxbegin
06-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I need a linux I love it, but still I will try picking knoppix like in cd hdd install

deepak_abc
07-16-2007, 12:55 PM
May be you can get your cd checked for any read errors.

I was trying to install Knoppix on hdd and while the install was going on I opened other applications hiding the terminal from where I had started the install script. After 62% it froze and I waited 1 hour for it to progress further. What I found later was that it had thrown cd read error on the installation terminal. After I used another cd the installation flew in no time. Since the install terminal was hidden I did not notie the read erro r message.