PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! Corrupt ntfs

Libby
07-16-2007, 02:12 AM
Please help! I am new to knoppix. I am trying to recover some files that were on my computer while it was running Windows. I used the recovery disk and stopped it part way (I know stupid move) because there were some files that I had forgotten to back up. When I tried to use knoppix to mount the filesystem is gave me an error that the filesystem was corrupt. Is there a way to recover the filesystem and therefore my files that are in it? If you need more information to help, I will try to respond to any questions.

cbagger01
07-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Please help! I am new to knoppix. I am trying to recover some files that were on my computer while it was running Windows. I used the recovery disk and stopped it part way (I know stupid move) because there were some files that I had forgotten to back up. When I tried to use knoppix to mount the filesystem is gave me an error that the filesystem was corrupt. Is there a way to recover the filesystem and therefore my files that are in it? If you need more information to help, I will try to respond to any questions.

You could try ntfsfix or you could try the read-only NTFS driver:

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=114164#114164