PDA

View Full Version : Why run fsck? Graphics probelm, Internet connecttion problem

deepak_abc
07-24-2007, 11:31 AM
I have installed Knoppix on a single partition and Swap is a different partition. When ther is power outage, sometimes the system will not come up giveing error. Later I have to boot from the cd and run fsck on this partition which solves the problem and I can boot from the HDD. On solaris when I enabled journalling in fstab this problem did not occur. Since reisfs is a journaliing file system, the FS should never be inconsistent. Do I have to change entries in fstab for this partition? If so wha should be the entry?

I installed Knoppix version 5.0 on HDD. Sometimes when there is a power flutuation, the Graphics will not come up during the next boot. Everything will work in character mode. Running fsck will not work How to tackle this? Or do I have to re-install the full system again from scratch?

I have broadband internet connection and when I boot Knoppix 5.0 from HDD I use PPPOE configuration tool to use the internet. The problem is that after every reboot again I have to do this procedure. How to preserve this across multiple boots from the HDD?