PDA

View Full Version : Sound sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

Flanker
07-29-2007, 07:28 AM
Sound seems to be sort of hit-or-miss on my system. Some boots, it works fine, while on others, it will not work at all. I'm using a headset as I have no speakers on this computer. Like I said, on some boots the sound comes just file and plays my MP3s perfectly. However, on other ones, it refuses to load no matter what settings I play with. I've tried changing the Master Channel to see if that makes a difference but nothing else.

This is my first boot after wiping my HDD of all files, so any Audio drivers I might have had are probably gone, however I was having this problem before as well. Also, all my other peripherals seem to work fine.

My copy of Knoppix is from the Bittorrent and burned at 4x CD speed.

Harry Kuhman
07-29-2007, 07:37 AM
.... however I was having this problem before as well. .....
Do you mean you had this problem with Windows also, or just with Knoppix before you wiped the disk?

This is not a common problem, it might help someone help you if you listed all of your hardware, particularly the sound card in use and any related equipment. Is thew headphone plugged into the back of the computer or a jack in the front? If the front, you might try the back and see if the audio is there when it's not coming out the front.