PDA

View Full Version : Mouse shows as white block

elEcho
05-29-2003, 12:49 AM
Everything works great with Knoppix on my p3 micronpc transportGX laptop... except... my mouse shows up as a big white block about 70x70 pixels.

any thoughts on how I can fix this?

EPS
05-29-2003, 01:56 AM
What kind of video card? (Use scanpci or lspci to obtain PCI ids.)

KNOPPIX has known problems with particular chipsets (e.g. Neomagic). Someone needs to fix what's broken in /usr/share/hwdata/Cards.

mmaki
05-29-2003, 05:09 AM
Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and uncomment the line
Option "sw_cursor"
It is in the "Device" section

If you are running from CD restart the xserver. I do it from the command line with init 3 then init 5

Good luck!

Mike

elEcho
05-29-2003, 04:54 PM
What kind of video card? (Use scanpci or lspci to obtain PCI ids.)

I used lspci and my VCA controller lists as: S3 Inc. 86C270-294 Savage/IX-MV (rev 13)

Is this considered a troublesome one?

elEcho
05-29-2003, 05:09 PM
Option "sw_cursor"

If you are running from CD restart the xserver. I do it from the command line with init 3 then init 5

Good luck!

Mike

This worked!

If I'm running from a cd, how can I get it to boot this way all the time. Restarting forces me change it all over again.

Stephen
05-29-2003, 07:37 PM
Option "sw_cursor"

Good luck!

Mike

This worked!

If I'm running from a cd, how can I get it to boot this way all the time. Restarting forces me change it all over again.

Save your configuration to a floppy there is an option off the Knoppix menu for this, then boot using the floppyconfig cheat code (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes).