PDA

View Full Version : I need help, after i installd the knoppix on my hdd

emiscence
08-03-2007, 12:08 PM
i installed the knoppix boot cd on my hd, it now runs as GRUB, ..well im kinda beginner. now it boots, n dont know how to use it... can anyone help me with that?

the point is that i need the knoppix itself to run without the cd, and be the same as it... is it possible or?

Harry Kuhman
08-03-2007, 07:29 PM
the point is that i need the knoppix itself to run without the cd, and be the same as it... is it possible or?
What are you really trying to do? Knoppix is primarily a Live CD. It is prone to problems when installed on a hard disk and it is certainly not advised that a beginner do this. You might be very happy with a Linux distribution that is intended for install to hard disk, such as Debian. And you could then install and or all of the applications included with Knoppix. But unless we know what you are trying to acomplish or why you say i need the knoppix itself to run without the cd I doubt that we can help you.

emiscence
08-04-2007, 07:21 AM
its ok, its ok,
i learned the code i meant that after i created the boot hdd, it goes to a grub ..something like os, dos-like and cant find the codes

then i found them

root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/grub/xxxx
initrd /boot/initrd.img
boot

thnx anywya,

but, lets ask how can i list the files that exist on the drive, like typind 'Dir' in msdos ?

cbagger01
08-08-2007, 12:19 AM
its ok, its ok,
i learned the code i meant that after i created the boot hdd, it goes to a grub ..something like os, dos-like and cant find the codes

then i found them

root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/grub/xxxx
initrd /boot/initrd.img
boot

thnx anywya,

but, lets ask how can i list the files that exist on the drive, like typind 'Dir' in msdos ?

The linux command name is called "ls" (in lowercase letters).

For more information, see this link:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/getting-started-guide/ch-doslinux.html