PDA

View Full Version : Missing Mouse Icon

The Jman
08-06-2007, 03:11 AM
I downloaded the knoppix 5.1.1 iso and made a bootable usb drive so i could bring my os with me anywhere i wanted and retain all my settings. plus i have to learn how to use linux for my classes in college so i thought this would be a good place to start. so anyways it booted up nicely and runs great with one problem. the icon for my mouse is missing. the little arrow used as the pointer icon isn't there. when something is loading a little loading icon shows up but there's no arrow. anyone know how to fix this? did i just have a few icon files corrupted in my download. or is there a way i can check to see what icons are being used for the mouse. be specific please as this is my first time on linux. thanks for any help.

-jameson

Harry Kuhman
08-06-2007, 04:16 AM
....did i just have a few icon files corrupted in my download.....
I have no idea what your problem is or how to fix it, but this question should never have to be asked. Did you check the md5 checksum of your ISO? If so and it was good then no corruption. If you checked and it was bad then don't use the ISO. If you didn't care enough to check the md5 sum then I guess I don't either.

Blitz
10-12-2007, 02:34 AM
knoppix xmodule=vesa