PDA

View Full Version : Can't boot to CD. HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

g_virus
01-04-2003, 08:52 PM
I burned the iso file to a cd, then when i put it in the drive, and start the computer, it wont boot, my boot settings are:
1)CD
2)Floppy
3)HDD

i dont know whats wrong, someone plz heeeeeeelp meeeeee!!!!

Flibble
01-04-2003, 09:47 PM
You did verify the ISO against the published MD5sums right?

g_virus
01-04-2003, 11:17 PM
well, all i did wuz dl the latest knoppix.iso file, and i used nero 2 burn it onto the cd, all i did wuz drag the .iso file into the write folder, and i wrote, i need some details plz, just a howto, cuz i cant find 1

russ hancox
01-04-2003, 11:54 PM
u have just copied the iso file to a cd, to burn iso files in nero do the following.

1) open nero (not nero express)
2) close the wizard if it appears
3) click file followed by burn image
4) find the iso file.
5) CLICK BURN!!

that should fix it, if not email me russhancox@subdimension.com

g_virus
01-05-2003, 12:24 AM
well, i did exactly wut russ sed, and it hasent been working, i'm getting berry frustraited, and almost ready 2 go get red hat or sumthing, cuz thatz wut i will end up getting soon ne ways, i just wanted knoppix so i could have a bit of a head start on linux

iz there a boot floppy i would need?

Flibble
01-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Step one - download ISO
Step two - download associated MD5SUM file and view it (its just text)
Step three - get a windows port of md5sum (available at http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ )
Step four - run md5sum <iso file>, this will generate a 32 character Hex string. Compare this to the one in step two. If they don't match then your download was screwed and nothing will make it into a burnable image. Start your download again.

If both match then File->Burn Image in Nero and point at your ISO.

Should then be OK.