PDA

View Full Version : Stop 0x00000024 ntfs.sys blue screen of death.

lotto
09-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Earlier on i was watching a movie when my computer gave a blue screen of death, fine i started rebooting and i got the following message....

Stop 0x00000024

ntfs.sys

So i dowloaded Knoppix and burned it to a dvd (5 version), when i boot with the CD everything works fine it boots up with a screen, where i can type commands below, i can also but push f2 f3 and enter. Now if i push enter the computer goes to a black screen, i could not find anything useful in the options so now im out of ideas.

i have also folowed this guide step by step, but there is no shell icon from what i can see. :(

http://www.retosphere.de/tipsandtricks/ntfserror.php?menu_id=20&

help is greatly appreciated!

ckamin
09-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Not knowing what sort of hardware you are trying to boot, I will point you to the documentation link at the top of the page. Look for the "cheatcode" link, go there and read it. There may be one or a few cheatcodes that can help you boot Knoppix. One to try might be "knoppix xmodule=vesa". These are entered at the boot prompt. Once you have booted successfully you can then proceed with whatever adventure you desire. Keep in mind that writing to an NTFS partition using Linux can be a risky procedure and can result in data corruption and/or a permanent loss of data. I would strongly suggest that you FIRST back up all of the data you can recover BEFORE attempting to make changes to your drive.