PDA

View Full Version : Linksys WUSB11 2.5

85k5
11-14-2007, 03:24 AM
I just started working with knoppix, and when I booted it up, my wireless wouldn't connect. I searched for a while and couldn't find a way to get a Linksys WUSB11 ver. 2.5 to connect with knoppix. Has anyone made it work?

chip.ling
11-17-2007, 05:35 AM
I just started working with knoppix, and when I booted it up, my wireless wouldn't connect. I searched for a while and couldn't find a way to get a Linksys WUSB11 ver. 2.5 to connect with knoppix. Has anyone made it work?

You can try the ndiswrapper method to connect via wireless.

http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ

Check out the FAQ 2 & 3 from the above link, it starts with how to find out the windows XP driver files and ends with WEP setting. I tried it on various machines with difference hardware. Some work and some don't.

Bear in mind that ndiswrapper does not cover all hardware. Please let us know if it works or not.

Good luck.

Rgds,
Chip

RegX
11-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Check out the FAQ 2 & 3 from the above link, it starts with how to find out the windows XP driver files and ends with WEP setting. I tried it on various machines with difference hardware. Some work and some don't.

I have a similar problem, I tried this suggestion but at step 11 I get -

# ndiswrapper -i ~/oem7.inf
installing oem7 ...
# ndiswrapper -l
oem7 : invalid driver!

This is definitely the correct .inf file for my driver (usb8023.sys). It works fine in Windows XP. Any suggestions? (It's a BT Voyager 1055 USB wireless adapter)