PDA

View Full Version : knoppix file not found install aborted

kdd
12-11-2007, 12:40 AM
hello,
i'm new to knoppix. my cousin recommended it and i'm looking to get away from windows.

the problem is that i have downloaded the knoppix distro from 2 different mirrors. the md5 matches and when i reboot my system and the disk starts the cd/dvd drive and the hdd are found and then the disk runs and finally tells me that it can't find the knoppix file.

i opened the iso and found that the knoppix file does not have a file extension; it just says "file" as type of file. could this be the problem?

knoppix 5.1.1CD jan/04/2007 is the version.

any ideas would be appreciated.

kdd

Harry Kuhman
12-11-2007, 01:17 AM
So many things....

If the md5 was right there was no reason to download again, the file must have been correct.

You use the term install, but you're not trying to install Knoppix, right? You just wamt to run it from the CD, right?

Your problem is most likely that you burnt the ISO at high speed. If you did burn it slowly, did you follow all of the other advice in the downloading FAQ?

kdd
12-11-2007, 01:31 AM
i burned the cd at high speed. i will try again at the 4x-8x recommended speed and see what happens. no, i did not mean install, i wanted to run the program from the live cd. thanks for the tip. if i have any more problems i'll check the faqs first before posting.

thanks,
kdd