PDA

View Full Version : Internet using Knoppix 5.1 Live

Fred_44
12-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi all

I have a linux newspaper read, it is to surf the internet using a live - cd because a cd NOT described (which I can understand). I have also booted from this live - cd, have set up my network and everything funkt wonderful and I had NO SINGLE drive / partition mounted! Therefore, I was even more surprised than I was on the internet, my HD-partionen (which, as mentioned above were mounted NOT), were read out. How is this possible. Because I just wanted to prevent that, yes, I use this live - cd.

About relevant information, I would be very grateful

Bs: because I do not speak english / understand, I have to ask my GOOGLE created, sorry

turbine
12-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Let me see if I understand your question. You're running Knoppix 5.1 from the live cd. None of your disk partitions are mounted. Yet users on another machine are able to read your disks. You want to know how this is possible. Is that your question?

turbine
12-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Let me see if I understand your question. You're running Knoppix 5.1 from the live cd. None of your disk partitions are mounted. Yet users on another machine are able to read your disks. You want to know how this is possible. Is that your question?

One possibility is that Samba could be running. I've noticed that Samba can expose your partitions even though you don't have them mounted locally.

Fred_44
12-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Hi
Being grateful for the answer.
"Turbine" You have understood the question correctly, and samba, I have never used.