PDA

View Full Version : Error: can't nfsmount knoppix file system

aay
05-30-2003, 06:28 PM
XTlabs,

I was trying to remove your post on the two other forums, but somehow it also got deleted from the Networking forum as well. I'm really sorry about this. I'm pasting in the text from your post below. Normally it will suffice to post a question on one forum only.

--------------------------------
XTlabs - Previous Post
--------------------------------

hello,

We are trying to set up knoppix for a school lab. We are running 20 workstations (diskless) with 512 megs of memory on the server.

we keep getting the same error message: can't nfsmount knoppix file system

Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it??

Thank you,

Marc

aay
05-30-2003, 06:32 PM
I suspect that you are running the terminal server from a hdinstall. I get the same error when I try and set things up this way. So far I haven't found a solution, but I suspect you may want to play around with.

/etc/init.d/knoppix-terminalserver
and/or
/usr/sbin/knoppix-terminalserver

If you figure out any solution for this, I would be grateful if you would post it here. I haven't spent a lot of time trying to mess with this, but I'm planning on sitting down and trying to work with it a bit more when I have time.

Stephen
05-30-2003, 06:40 PM
XTlabs,

I was trying to remove your post on the two other forums, but somehow it also got deleted from the Networking forum as well. I'm really sorry about this. I'm pasting in the text from your post below. Normally it will suffice to post a question on one forum only.

I think that was me at the same time removing to the leave one post.

Omak
05-31-2003, 05:38 AM
I hope you read and post reply with this link:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2533

Let's found a solution for the Knoppix hd-install diskless system.
Thank.